We believe swimming is a critical healthy activity. Swimming does not require direct contact between teammates or coaches and social distancing can be maintained throughout practice. As with all exercise and activity at this time, swimming must comply with standards for social distancing and safety within aquatic facilities. We know, with collaboration between USMS coaches, public health officials, and Palm Beach County facility operators we can create safe plans for using the aquatic facilities to promote physical and mental health opportunities compliant with public health directives. The CDC has indicated that there is no evidence the disease spreads through treated water. Proper operation and maintenance of our pools should inactivate the virus in the water.
Compliance with the requirements listed below will be enforced by coaches and facility staff to ensure our collective well-being. Please read the requirements below carefully in order to avoid any misunderstanding.
- Swimmers & Coaches must comply with all applicable Federal, State, County and facility restrictions and will maintain 6+ feet social distancing on deck and in lanes.
- Swimmers and coaches must be a current USMS member. Non USMS members will be denied pool deck entry.
- Swimmers must be current with payment of monthly PBM dues. Swimmers must register for recurring billing of PBMasters dues to be charged to your credit card on the 1st of each month on Palm Beach County's pbcsplash.com website.
Cash and check payments will no longer be accepted at the pool by Palm Beach County.
- Swimmers must check-in with the Coach on deck before entering the pool for their lane assignment.
- Swimmers and Coaches are required to wear masks when entering/exiting the facility, speaking with pool staff, teammates, & coaches and when on deck before/after practices.
- Swimmers and Coaches should arrive as close as possible to the workout start time and leave the facility as soon as possible after practice.
- Enter and exit the facility and pool as directed by facility staff. Look for and follow facility signs and coach’s instructions.
- No changing on the pool deck or in the bathrooms is allowed. Swimmers must wear their swimsuits to and from practice.
- Bathroom facilities are limited to use of toilets only. Showers in the bathroom facilities are not to be used.
- Bring a full water bottle, if desired, to avoid touching a tap, water fountain handle, or ice machine. Label bottle with your name. Do not share water bottles.
- Bring your own swim equipment labeled with your name. No use of pool owned equipment (kickboards, pull buoys, etc). No sharing of equipment.
- Wash your hands with a disinfectant soap and water or use hand sanitizer before going to pool and after leaving the pool.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well. Swimmers and Coaches should not come to practice if you have a fever or symptoms of COVID_19 as defined by the CDC. You must be cleared for training by a physician after being diagnosed to have COVID-19.